by David Kreiger
When debating whether to outsource appointment setting or do it yourself, many factors come into play. Consider these five ins and outs of outting your ins.
- Control Capital Costs. While cost cutting should not be the sole reason to use appointment setting services, it is a major factor. A good outbound call center will convert your fixed costs into variable costs, which releases capital for your business to use in other revenue-producing activities.
- Increase Efficiency. Companies that do everything themselves have significantly higher overhead costs due to labor, training, and containment, which makes the company less profitable. Outsourcing appointment setting can give your company a competitive advantage by having a professional sales executive on call whenever you need them (and not when you don’t).
- Reduce Labor Costs. Hiring and training staff for short-term or peripheral projects can be extremely expensive and most employees will never live up to your expectations. Business-to-business appointment setting allows you to focus your resources where it is needed the most: generating revenue.S
- Sales on Demand. Payroll is the largest expense that any business has, and when a sales rep sits idly by it’s a tremendous drain on capital. For business owners looking to do more with less, and the sales-on-demand nature of appointment setting services is an excellent way to accomplish this.
- Focus on Your Core Business. Every business has limited resources, and every manager has limited time and attention. Allowing a professional call center to set appointments for your company will allow your business to shift its focus from peripheral activities to work that serves your clients, creates new customers, and helps managers set their priorities..
The biggest determining factor for outsourcing appointment setting should be gaining a superior ROI for the time and effort given to the project. Considering cost, time, effort, accountability, staffing, and risk vs. reward can help you determine what is best for your business.
David Kreiger is the President of Home-Base USA, a leading B2B appointment setting & lead generation company. Their United States-based telesales agents have an average of 14 years of experience in cold calling and prospecting. Home-Base USA works with clients such as Aramark, Microsoft, and AT&T to increase their sales while lowering their cost per sale.